People - 5th & 6th Year Prefects
Each year a number of 5th and 6th Year students apply for and are selected to be prefects.
Those chosen have demonstrated their leadership within the student body and have the qualities deemed necessary to undertake a leadership role within the school. Prefects carry out a number of important tasks within the school:
- Support and mentor younger students
- Represent the student body
- Represent the school externally
- Assist in the maintenance of discipline within the school
- Support and help staff
- Carry out other important functions in the school when requested.
The prefect's role is an important one and we are very fortunate with the quality of prefects we currently have. From the cohort of prefects each year the Head Girl and Deputy Head Girl are selected. The Head Girl for 2015 - 2016 is Micaela Forde and the Deputy Head Girl is Lidia Shafik.
- To be loyal to the school at all times. This means being loyal to the teachers and ancillary staff.
- To represent all students in the school.
- To welcome speakers when they come to address the students and to thank them afterwards.
- To be available to attend meetings and carry out duties during the lunch break.
- To take part in a rota of Senior Prefects to patrol the grounds/school at lunchtime.
- To take part in a rota to keep good order and discipline in the queue for lunches.
- To help keep the grounds and school building litter free.
- To report important issues to the Year Head.
- To communicate on a regular basis with the Principal and Deputy Principal.
- To be available to attend Parent/Teacher Meetings and evening meetings, when required.
Prefects are expected to be vigilant at all times. It is the responsibility of all prefects, whether on duty or not, to assist with maintaining good order and good standards of behaviour in the school and its environs.